1. The Superintendent who was on a surprise visit to the post office entered the mails branch and said, ‘it is high lime that the postmen ......... to their beats
(a) g o (b) went
(c) shall go (d) should have gone
2. Neither of us .................. fit for the job of a postman
(a) is (b) could (c) are (d) can
3. As the postman of this beat I am your friend.............?
(a) amn’t (b) isn’t (c) doesn’t I (d) aren’t I
4. One of the weighing scales .................... received in a damaged condition.
(a) was (b) were (c) did (d) being
5. ‘This building is very old’ the postmaster said, ‘ I have to search for an ............. building for the post office’.
(a) alternate (b) alternative (c) alterant (d) alterant
Directions : Qn. 6-10 Select the word for the definition given.
6. Arrange into different groups according to certain criterion,
(a) sort (b) divide (c) dispatch (d) pos t
7. Bag of letters for conveyance by post.
(a) mail (b) male (c) maile (d) melee
8. With great speed
(a) post - haste (b) post- chaise (c) post-horse (d) post-horn
9. One who collects and studies postage stamps
(a) philander (b) philanthropist (c) philatelist (d) phillumenist
10. A special commemorative postmark.
(a) cache (b) cachet (c) catheter (d) cathode
1. (b) Went
2. (a) is
3. (b) isn’t I
4. (a) was
5. (a) alternate
6. (a) sort
7. (a) mail
8. (a) post haste
9. (c) philatelist
10. (b) cachet