1. Who was India’s nominee for the post of U.N. Secretary General
(a) Lalith Mansingh (b) Chinmaya R. Gharekhan
(c) Indra Nooyi (d) Shashi Tharoor
2. Which of the following is TRUE of Chikungunya?
(a) A viral illness spread by mosquito (b) An illness spread by chicken
(c) A fungal illness spread by mosquito
(d) A bacterial illness spread by mosquito
3. Which country created news in October 2006 by announcing that it performed nuclear weapons test?
(a) France (b) Israel (c) South Korea (d) North Korea
4. Which of the following is NOT TRUE of India?
(a) Smallest state is Goa (b) Least populous state is Sikkim
(c) Area wise the largest state is Rajasthan
(d) Most populous state is Tamilnadu
5. As Rajghat is associated with Mahatma Gandhi and Santivan with Nehru, which place is associated with B.R.Ambedkar?
(a) Sakthisthal (b) Veerbhoomi
(c) Chaithrabhoomi (d) Vijayaghat
6. Who wrote the book ‘‘The annhilation of caste’?
(a) B.R. Ambedkar (b) Kanshi Ram
(c) Mayawati (d) Ram Vilas Paswan
7. ‘‘Self respect is a most vital factor in life. Without it man is a mere cipher. Who said this?
(a) Alexander Pope (b) Erich Segal (c) B.R. Ambedkar(d) George Eliot
8. Which among the following mountain peaks is the highest?
(a) Nanda Devi (b) Kanchenjunga (c) Badrinath (d) Nunkun
9. Which of the following is NOT TRUE of India’s national flag?
(a) It is a horizontal tri-colour(b) The ratio between the width of the flag to its length is two to five
(c) Its design was adopted by the Constitutent Assembly on 22 July, 1947.
(d) Its use and display are regulated by a code
10. Which was the first political occassion when ‘Vande Mataram’ was sung?
(a) 1896 session of the INC (b) 1912 session of the INC
(c) On 15 August 1947 (d) On 26 January 1950
1. (d) Sashi Tharoor
2. (a) A viral illness spread by mosquito
3. (d) North Korea
4. (d) Most populous state is Tamilnadu
5. (c) Chaithrabhoomi
6. (a) B.R. Ambedkar
7. (c) B.R. Ambedkar
8. (b) Kanchenjunga
9. (b) The ratio between the width of the flag to its length is two to five
10. (a) 1896 session of the INC (Held at Kolkotha, translated in to English by Aurobindo Ghosh)