1. Which of the following is TRUE of Indian Standard Time?
(a) 5.5 hours ahead of GMT (b) 4.5 hours ahead of GMT
(c) 3.5 hours ahead of GMT (d) 2.5 hours ahead of GMT
2. On May 11, 2000 India’s population was estimated to have reached:
(a) One billion (b) Two billion (c) Three billion (d) Four billion
3. How many mother tongues are spoken in India?
(a) More than 1600 (b) Less than 500 (c) More than 2500 (d) 22
4. Some incidents in India’s freedom movement are arranged chronologicaly in the options below. Which of them is correct?
(a) First Meeting of INC, Formation of the Muslim League, Massacre of Jalianwallabagh, Moplah rebellion inMalabar
(b) Moplah rebellion in Malabar, First meeting of INC, Formation of the Muslim League, Massacre of Jalianwallabagh
(c) Massacre of Jalianwallabagh, First meeting of INC, Moplah rebelion in Malabar, Formation of Muslim League
(d) Formation of Muslim League, First meeting of INC, Moplah rebellion in Malabar, Massacre of Jalianwallabagh.
5. Which of the following is NOT TRUE of the constitution of India?
(a) It was dawn up by a Constituent Assembly
(b) It came into effect on 15 August 1947
(c) It closely follows the British Parliamentary model
(d) It differs from the British Parliamentary model in holding that the constitution is supreme and not parliament.
6. What is a group of owls called?
(a) A parliament of (b) A bed of (c) A shoal of (d) A flock of
7. Which is India Post’s web site?
(a) indiapost.co.in (b) indiapost.net
(c) indiapost.gov.in (d) indiapost.com
8. Who among the following is given the credit of establishing the modern postal system in India?
(a) Lord Clive (b) Lord Mountbatten
(c) Lalith Mansingh (d) Shashi Tharoor
9. Expand the abbreviation G.P.O
(a) Generic Post Office (b) General Post Office
(c) Group Post Office (d) Grand Post Office
10. PIN Code Zone No.6 includes besides Kerala:
(a) Karnataka and Tamilnadu (b) Tamilnadu and Lakshadweep
(c) Tamilnadu (d) Karnataka
1. (a) 5.5 hours ahead of GMT
2. (a) One billion
3. (a) More than 1600
4. (a) First meeting of INC (1885) Formation of the Muslim League (1906), Massacre of Jalianwallabagh (1919),
Moplah rebellion in Malabar (1921)
5. (b) It came into effect on 15 August 1947 (Correct answer 26-1-1950)
6. (a) A parliament of owls
7. (c) Indiaapost.gov. in
8. (a) Lord Clive in 1766
9. (b) General Post Office
10. (b) Tamilnadu and Lakshadweep