LAB ASSISTANT Exam Conducted 4-11-2006
1. Who was the first King Presided the court of Kanauj?
(a) Samudra Gupta (b) Chandra Gupta (c) Harsha (d) Kanishka
2. Which is the midlayer of the earth?
(a) Sail (b) Sima (c) Core (d) Mantle
3. The Himalayan Mountain is made up of
(a) Instrusive rocks (b) Extrusive rocks (c) Sedimentary rocks
(d) Metamorphic rocks
4. The most prominent distributory of Ganga river
(a) Yamuna (b) Ram Ganga (c) Gomati (d) Hoogly
5. The Leader who is known as the ‘Grand Old Man of India’
(a) Sardar Vallabhai Patel (b) Dadabhai Naoroji
(c) Balgangadhar Tilak (d) Bipin Chandrapal
6. The Southern most part of India
(a) Sri Lanka (b) Palk Strait
(c) Maldive (d) Nicobar Group of Island
7. The headquarters of the Theosophical Society in India.
(a) Nagercoil (b) Adayar (c) Madura (d) Trichy
8. Which is not a port on the West coast of India
(a) Paradeep (b) Marmagoa (c) Mangalore (d) Kandla
9. In which year the University of Travancore was established?
(a) 1935 (b) 1937 (c) 1939 (d) 1941
10. The state which is the leading producer of mica
(a) Jharkhand (b) Orissa
(c) Rajasthan (d) Madhya Pradesh
11. Which of the following diseases are sexually transmitted?
(a) AIDS (b) Gonorrhoea (c) Syphills (d) All of these
12. On 27th May 2006, astrong earthquake hit close to
(a) Mount Kilimanjaro (b) Mount Merapi
(c) Vesuvius (d) Barren Island
13. The year in which the postal stamp was introduced first
(a) 1840 (b) 1845 (c) 1850 (d) 1855
14. Which type of lens is used in the case of ‘Astigmatism’ to get the correct vision?
(a) Converging lens (b) Diverging lens (c) Cylindrical lens (d) Bi-focal lens
15. What is the total number of constellation identified till now by human beings?
(a) 48 (b) 58 (c) 78 (d) 88
16. The highest railway bridges is built across the river.
(a) Jhelum (b) Chenab (c) Beas (d) Ravi
17. Which of the following is a controversial film for display?
(a) The Great Escape (b) Hamlet (c) Davinchi Code(d) Casino Royale
18. What is the chemical formula of bleaching powder?
(a) NaHCO3 (b) Ca3(PO4)2 (c) Na2CO310H2O (d) Ca0Cl2
19. Barkhans are land forms of
(a) Wind erosion (b) wind deposition
(c) glacial depostion (d) coastal erosion
20. ‘Plum Pudding’ model of atom is prepared by
(a) Albert Einstein (b) Rutherford
(c) AlexanderFleming (d) Niels Bohr
21. An example for non-renewable source of energy
(a) Solar energy (b) Petroleum (c) Biomass (d) Water power
22. In which country the G-8 summit of 2005, held?
(a) Canada (b) Iceland (c) Scotland (d) Greenland
23. In south India, Jainism was spread by
(a) Kharavela (b) Upali (c) Rudradaman I (d) Bhadrabahu
24. The people of which country have longest life span
(a) China (b) Japan (c) England (d) America
25. Which is not a source of Carbohydrate?
(a) Fish (b) Butter (c) Cheese (d) Potato
26. Who translated Bhagavat Gita into Persian Language?
(a) Abdul Fazal (b) Dara (c) Dadu (d) Balban
27. The second highest mountain peak in the world
(a) Kanchenjunga (b) Nagaparbad (c) Nanda devi (d) Godwin Austin
28. The author of the book ‘Gandhi - Life and Thought’
(a) V.D. Savarkar (b) J.B. Kripalani
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru (d) R.K. Laxman
29. The creature in which the external fertilization takes place
(a) bird (b) dog (c) cat (d) frog
30. Which country won gold in Men’s Hockey in Bangkok Asian games, 1998?
(a) India (b) South Korea (c) Pakistan (d) Japan
31. The Pallivasal Hydro electric System was commissioned during the reign of
(a) Marthanda Varma (b) Dharma Raja
(c) Sri Mulam Tirunal (d) Sri Chitira Tirunal Balarama Varma
32. Name the author of the novel. The Ambassador?
(a) Joyce Cary (b) E.M. Foster (c) Henry James (d) Hadley Chase
33. Which element is not present in fats?
(a) Nitrogen (b) Sulphur (c) Carbon (d) Hydrogen
34. Who is known as the father of American Football?
(a) Bob Cousy (b) Water Camp
(c) James Corbett (d) Charles W.Brown
35. The most densely populated country in the world
(a) India (b) China (c) Japan (d) Pakistan
36. How many ways can a batman lose his wicket?
(a) 5 (b) 10 (c) 15 (d) 20
37. Corundum is a mineral of:
(a) Calcium (b) Gold (c) Iron (d) Aluminium
38. The state which is the largest producer of tea in India:
(a) Tamil Nadu (b) Assam (c) Kerala (d) Karnataka
39. Which of the following is issued by the President when the Parliament is not in Session?
(a) Ordinances (b) Rules (c) Statutes (d) Proclamation
40. The strength of the Council of Ministers is fixed by the:
(a) Governor (b) Chief Minister (c) Parliament (d) Constitution
41. Neutron was discovered by:
(a) J.J. Thompson (b) Rutherford (c) Bohre (d) Chadwick
42. Which of the following pricniple is made use of in the working of an atom bomb?
(a) Thermionic emission (b) Nuclear fusion
(c) Nuclear fission (d) Transmutation
43. ‘Palaeontology’ is the study of:
(a) Fossils (b) Bones (c) Animals (d) Birds
44. Amylase acts upon
(a) Lipids (b) Oils (c) Starch (d) Glucose
45. The active cell division in a plant is found in the:
(a) tips of roots and shoot (b) pith cells(c) Cells cortex (d) internodal region
46. Which among the following is the antisterility vitamin?
(a) B (b) C (c) D (d) E
47. In which year the Indian National Congress was formed?
(a) 1811 (b) 1858 (c) 1885 (d) 1895
48. The leader of Cochin who fought with Velu Thampi Dalwa against the British:
(a) Kunhali Maracker (b) Paliath Achan (c) Pazhassi Raja (d) Chirakkal Raja
49. Who was the author of the book ‘Sathyartha Prakash’
(a) Swami Dayananda Saraswathi (b) Rajaram Mohan Roy
(c) Swami Vivekananda (d) Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
50. The first Viceroy of British India:
(a) Lord Cornwallis (b) Lord Ripon
(c) Lord Canning (d) Lord Dalhousie