Maximum: 100 marks Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
1. Who won the latest ICC Cricket award „The Spirit of Cricket‟ ?
a) M.S Dhoni b) Sachin Tendulkar c) Jonathan Trott d) Devendra Bishoo
2. Who is the Director General of Indian Coast Guard ?
a) P.J Jacob b) Prabhakaran Palari c) S. Balachandran d) M.P Muraleedharan
3. The first Green Field Airport in India is located at:
a) Chennai b) Bangalore c) New Delhi d) Hyderabad
4. The disease that spreads throuh air is:
a) Cholera b) Tuberculosis c) Plague d) Typhoid
5. IBRD (World Bank) headquarters situated at:
a) New York b) London c) Washington d) Geneva
6. Which of the following is known as the “Bible of Tamil Land”?
a) Thirukkural b) Aingurunuru c) Silappadikaram d) Murugatruppadai
7. The first sepoy who refuced to use the greased cartridge and killed Adjutant was:
a) Hardev b) Shiv Ram c) Mangal Pandey d) Abdul Rahim
8. The number of bones in the human body system:
a) 306 b) 206 c) 260 d) 370
9. Second most literate state in India is:
a) Mizoram b) Tripura c) Goa d) Sikkim
10. Who is the chief minister of Andhra Pradesh ?
a) Kiran Kumar Reddy b) Nitish Kumar c) P.V.S Gauda d) Naveen Patnaik
11. Who is the social Justice and Empowerment minister of India?
a) Vayalar Ravi b) Kamal Nath c) Ambika Soni d) Mukal Balakrishna Wasnik
12. The first college in kerala is:
a) S.N College, Kollam b) University College, Thiruvananthapuram
c) C.M.S College, Kottayam d) N.S.S Collge, Changanassery
13 .Which award is known as Asia‟s Nobel Prize ?
a) Bharat Ratna b) Magsaysay Award c) Gandhi Peace Prize d) Risut Livelihood Award
14. Pulitzer Prize is awarded for outstanding work in the field of:
a) Environmental Studies b) Literature c) Sports d) Journalism
15. Ecophobia is:
a) Fear of hair b) Fear of electricity c) Fear of home d) Fear of cold
16. „Radio mango‟ is closely associated with:
a) Mathrubhumi b) Malayala Manorama c) Madhyamam d) The New Indian Express
17. The first page that you normally view at a website is known as:
a) Home Page b) First Page c) Master Page d) Banner Page
18. The electrolite which is important in maintaining normal muscular activity in the heart an skeletal muscle: a) Sodium b) Potassium c) Chloride d) Bicarbonate
19. The Malampuzha Dam is constructed on the river:
a) Periyar b) Bharatapuzha c) Kabani d) Kunthipuzha
20. Name of the Vitamin which contains sunlight is:
a) Vitamin A b) Vitamin B c) Vitamin D d) Vitamin C
21. Who designed the symbol of Indian Rupee?
a) Murukaraj b) Vikas Swaroop c) Rajive Shah d) D Udayakumar
22. Repetition of question 4
23. The First South Indian state to implement Panchayat raj was:
a) Rajasthan b) Kerala c) Tamil Nadu d) Andhra Pradesh
24. The first women of non Indian origin to become the President of Indian National Congress:
a) Indira Gandhi b) Sonia Gandhi c) Sarojini Naidu d) Annie Besant
25. Which body complies the national income at India ?
a) Reserve Bank of India b) NABARD c) Central Statistical Organisation d) Ministry of Finance
26. In India, Community Development Programme was launched on:
a) October 2, 1952 b) January 30, 1952
c) August 15, 1952 d) January 26, 1952
27. The first organised revolt against British authority in India:
a) Kurichiar Rebellion b) Attingal Revolt c) Pazhassi Rebellion d) Rebellion of Velu Thampi
28. Which Veda is partly a prose work?
a) Yajur Veda b) Sama Veda c) Rig Veda d) Atharva Veda
29. Who is the author of the book „Kodumkattuyarthiya Kalam‟?
a) Ponkunnam Varkey b) EMS c) G. Sankara Kurup d) Joseph Edamaruk
30. The ruler who introduced „Trissur Pooram‟?
a) Raja Kesavadasan b) Swathithirunal c) Tippu Sultan d) Sakthan Thampuran
Answers 1. A 2. D 3. D 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. C 8. B 9. A 10. A 11. D 12. C 13. B 14. D 15. C 16. B 17. A 18. B 19. B 20. C 21. D 22. (Refer Question 4) 23. D 24. D 25. C 26. A 27. B 28. A 29. D 30. D
Subscribe to KPSC Previous Questions by Email