61. Which of the folowing line spacing is invalid?
a) 2.5 lines b) Double c) 1.5 lines d) Multiple
62. Which has the biggest paper size (in length and breadth)?
a) A6 b) A4 c) B5 d) A5
63. Which of the following does not belong to the list of Notepad menu?
a) File b) Edit c) Search d) Window
64. Which of the following will insert system date in a document?
a) Using the insert-->Object option
b) Dragging the date from the clock on the system taskbar
c) Using the Insert-->Date and Time option
d) Right click then select Insert Current Date option
65. Clipboard is:
a) A permanent storage place for data
b) A temporary storage place for data
c) A storage place to keep the deleted data
d) A storage place to keep graphic data
66. Default: Tab stop leaves ........ space.
a) 1 inch b) 1.5 inch c) 0.25 inch d) 0.5 inch
67. Headers and Footers appear only in:
a) Normal view b) Web layout view c) Print layout view d) Outline view
68. Find the true statement from the following:
a) We cannot set a new default font in Microsoft Word
b) Gutter is the space between Column margin
c) There is provision for five Horizontal alignments in MS Word
d) Kerning is the adjustment of space between words
69. Find the statement which is false from the following:
a) Word art is a feature that is used to transform text into a drawing object
b) Flip is to reverse the position of an object
c) The drawing toolbar appears at the bottom of the word application window
d) Using rectangle button, we can draw a square by press and hold control key as we drag to draw the shape.
70. Function button for Spelling and Grammar:
a) F7 b) F6 c) F5 d) F4
71. Which type of files cannot be navigated using Clip Art browser of Office 2000?
a) avi b) bmp c) wav d) mp3
72. Suppose you place the insertion point in the middle of a paragraph and start typing. But the new text deletes the existing text. What‟s the problem?
a) The DELETE key is pressed in
b) Word is in Overtype mode
c) INSERT key is on
d) The SHIFT key is pressed in
73. Which keyboard shortcut centers selected tatx?
a) Ctrl+C b) Ctrl+D c) Ctrl+E d) Ctrl+P
74. In print preview mode by default:
a) We can only see pages that have images and charts
b) We can only see the first page of your document
c) We can only see the page you are currently working
d) We can only see the odd pages of your document
75. To indent an entire paragraph or block or text (not just the first line), you should move your cursor to the block of text you wish to indent and:
a) Press (Tab)
b) Click the Increase Indent button on the formatting toolbar.
c) Choose Format-->Paragraph
d) Press ALT+I
76. CTRL+HOME for positioning the insertion point to:
a) The beginning of the document
b) The beginning of the paragraph
c) The beginning of the line
d) The beginning of the nearest word
77. How do you edit an existing heperlink within a document?
a) Choose Edit and then Links
b) Use CTRL+H shortcut key
c) Right click on the hyperlinked text-->Heperlink-->Edit Hyperlink
d) Double click on the linked word or text
78. The key F1 opens a:
a) Help dialog box b) Open dialog box c) Save As dialog box d) Close dialog box
79. Background color applied on a document is visible in:
a) Web Layout View b) Print Layout View c) Outline View d) Normal View
80. Word count tool will count:
a) The number of pages in a document
b) The number of lines in a document
c) The number of words in a document
d) All of the above
81. The facility used to cancel the last action is:
) Redo b) Cancel c) Undo d) Reverse
82. Maximum number of columns that can be inserted in a word document:
a) 30 b) 35 c) 40 d) 45
83. Supershift character means:
a) A character that is raised and smaller above the baseline
b) A character that is lowered and smaller below the baseline
c) A character that is smaller on the baseline
d) A character that is bigger on the baseline
84. Ctrl+D Shortcut is for:
a) Open Replace dialog box
b) Open Goto dialog box
c) Open Fin box
d) Open Fonts dialog box
85. We can insert Header and Footer from:
a) Format Menu b) View Menu c) Tools Menu d) Insert Menu
86. After a question mark leave:
a) One space b) Two space c) No space d) Any space
87. What will happen to the carriage after typing one letter?
a) Carriage will move ½ space to the left side
b) Carriage will move 1 space to the left side
c) Carriage will move 1½ space to the left side
d) Carriage will move 2 space to the left side
88. The sign / in the manuscript is corrected as:
a) Insertion b) Delete c) The d) Next paragraph
89. The capital letter „M‟ in the Roman numericals indicates the number:
a) 500 b) 1000 c) 100 d) 10000
90. Which type of the following rubber is not used for making the cylinder?
a) Soft b) Hard c) Medium d) Elastic
91. Which is the default right margin of a new word document in Word-2003?
a) 1” b) 1.25” c) 1.5” d) 2”
92. The command „Drop cap‟ is available from the following menu:
a) Tools b) Table c) Insert d) Format
93. What is the shortcut key used to insert an „Endnote‟?
94. One method to exit from a word window by pressing keys:
95. Which is the tool used to view the total number of „Lines‟ in the Word document?
a) View-->Word count
b) Status Bar
c) Format-->Word count
d) Tools-->Word count
96. What is the default font size while we opening a new document in word-2003 ?
a) 8 b) 10 c) 12 d) 14
97. What will happen when we press the keys „Ctrl+DEL‟?
a) Delete one word right of cursor
b) Delete one character right of cursor
c) Delete one character left of cursor
d) Delete one word left of cursor
98. How many options are available in the change case dialogue window?
a) 3 b) 4 c) 5 d) 6
99. What is the size of Brief Carriage of a typewriter?
a) 800 b) 1000
c) 1400 d) 1800
100. When the salutation in a business letter is „Dear Sirs‟ it is customary to use the complimentary close:
a) Yours truly b) Yours sincerely c) Yours very truly d) Yours faithfully
61. A 62. B 63. D 64. C 65. B 66. D 67. C 68. D 69. D 70. A 71. D 72. C 73. C 74. C 75. C 76. A 77. C 78. A 79. A 80. D 81. C 82. (Correct answer is 63) 83. A 84. D 85. B 86. B 87. B 88. C 89. B 90. D 91. A 92. D 93. A 94. B 95. D 96. C 97. A 98. C 99. C 100. D
Subscribe to KPSC Previous Questions by Email