51. A poor and indigent person when arrested and detained by Police:
(a) A is entitled to get free legal aid under Article 39-A.
(b) Ais entitled to get free aid underArticle 21 for the protection of his life.
(c) A is not entitled to get free legal aid.
(d) Statements (A) & (B) are correct.
52. Bonded labour system and traffic in human beings and forced the labour is prohibited by:
(a) Article 20 (3) (b) Article 21
(c) Article 23 (d) Article 22
53. The Supreme Coun observed that "The Constitution is founded on the bed-rock of the balance between Part III and Part IV to give absolute primacy over the other is to disturb the harmony of the constitution
which is the essential feature of the basic feature" Cite the relevant case:
(a) Meneka Gandhi vs. Union of India
(b) Minerva Mills vs. Union of India
(c) Indira Sawhney vs. Union of India
(d) S.R Gupta vs. Union of India
54. The President of India, shall be elected by the members of Electoral College V consisting of:
(a) The elected members of both the houses of Parliament and the elected members of the Legislative Assemblies of the States.
(b) The elected members of Lok Sahba.
(c) The members of Rajya Sabha.
(d) The voters on all India basis.
55. The commission appointed in relation to Centre State relations is:
(a) Sarkaria Commission
(b) wadhava Commission
(c) Varma Commission
(d) Sri Krishna Commission
56. The Code of Civil Procedure (Amendment) Act 1999, which introduced major changes made amendments to:
(a) Limitation Act l 963
(b) Court Fees Act 1970
(c) Arbitration Act
(d) Limitation Act and Court Fees Act
57. The Sections of the Civil Procedure Code can only be altered or amended by:
(a) State Legislatures (b) Supreme Court
(c) High Court (d) Parliament
58. The doctrine of Res Judicatais explained in:
(a) Section l0 CPC.
(b) Section ll & l2 C.P.C.
(c) Section 13
(d) All the above
59. Mode of execution of Decrees and orders under the code of Civil Procedure is contained in:
(a) Order XX (b) Order XXI
(c) Order XXII (d) None ofthe above
60. The Civil Procedure Code has no application to:
(a) State a J ammu and Kashmir
(b) State of Nagaland .
(c) Tribal areas of Assam and certain other areas ·
(d) All the above
MATHS QUESTIONS IS AVAILABLE HERE
(a)Sec.15 (b) Sec. 16
(c)Sec. 17 (d) Sec. 18
85. A leaves a cow in the custody of B to be taken care of. The cow has a calf. B delivers cow to a, butrefuse to delivercalf.Advise A.
(a) B is not liable to deliver calf.
(b) B is liable to deliver cow and calf
(c) B is liable only to deliver cow
(d) Ahas to pay cost for calf
86. "Contemptuous Damages" means:
(a) Contemptuous means, hateful or to be rejected
(b) In certain circumstances the Court rejects the claim of the plaintiff or even if it allows damages only meagre or trivial damages are granted.
(c) The courtforrnsaverylow opinion on the plaintiffs claim.
(d) All the above.
87. Law Merchant means:
(a) Usages and customs of Merchants Judicially ascertained and recognizes bythe Courts.
(b) Merchant who conducts his business activities lawfully.
(a) Atitle awarded to merchants.
(d) None ofthe above
88. Bills of Exchange, Cheques, Promissory Notes and other like instruments are contained in:
(a) 45 State list
(b) 45 Union list
(c) 45 Concurrent list
(d) None of the above
89. Abanker is bound to dishonour cheques in the following circumstances:
(a) Paymentofpostdated cheques presented for payment before the date.
(b) When the drawer does not have sufficient funds
(c) Only when the funds of the customer in his hands are not properly applicable to payment of cheques.
(d) All the above
90. The exception to the Wagering contract 1s:
(a) Prices for horse racing
(c) The lottories permitted by the Government
(dl All the above
9 l. Who was the first Indian to be the jury of the Cauncs International Film Festival?
(a) Amithab Bechan (b) Ambika Soni
(c) Aishwarya Rai (d) Apama Sen
92. Who among the following is famous not as a Cricketer but as a footballer?
(a) David Bechkam (b) Vivian Richards
(c) Javeed Miandad (d) E,A.S. Prasanna
93. With which game is the term "Duck" associated?
(a) Golf (b) Chess `
(c) Cricket 4 (d) Tennis
94. The 50th National Film Awards were presented on July 26, 2003. Which film won the Best Popular Film Award?
(a) Kannathil Muthamittal
(b) The Legent of Bhagath Singh
(c) Mr. and Mrs.Lyer
96. Who was the Israeli astronaut killed in the Columbia space disaster?
(a) Rick Husband (b) Han Ramon
(c) Laurel Clark (d) Dave brown
95. india’s most sophisticated medium range Surface - to - Surface missile is;
(a) Astra (b)Akash
(c) Trishul (d) Prithvi
97. Which of the following countries is not a member of the Andean Community?
(a) Mexico V (b) Peru
(c) Bolivia (d) Venezuela
98. Which of the following countries is not at present a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council?
(a) Russia . (b) Germany
(c) Britain (d) France
99. The creator of Harry Potter is:
(a) Amndhathi Roy (b) Robert Jones
(c) John Gray (d) J .K. Rowling
51. d, 52. b, 53. b, 54.1, 55. a, 56. d, 57. d, 58. b, 59. b, 60. 21,
84. c, 85. b, 86.d, 87. a, 88.d, 89. d, 90. d, 91. c, 92. a, 93. c, 94. d, 95. d, 96. b, 97. a, 98. b, 99. d,
Subscribe to KPSC Previous Questions by Email