1. The first Chairperson of the National Women's Commission:
(A) Girija Vyas
(B) Jayanthy Patnaik
(C) Fathima Beevi
(D) D. Sreedevi
2. In which year the National Human Rights Commission came into effect?
3. When did the Right for Information Act came into effect?
4. Who is the authority to appoint Chief Information Commission?
(A) Prime Minister
(C) Information Department
5. Name the state having no Scheduled Caste community:
6. The present Central Vigilance Commissioner:
(A) C.J. Mathew
(B) Alexander C.J.
(C) Hormis Tharakan
(D) P.J. Thomas
7. The first Malayalee appeared in the Postal Stamp:
(A) Mother Theresa
(C) Sreenarayana Guru
(D) K. Kelappan
8. Which of the following is the space expedition to Mars?
9. In 1956 Kerala State was formulated with how many districts?
10. Which place is known as the Mecca of Kerala?
11. Where is the head quarters of Kerala Forest Research Station?
12. If A means +, B means -, C means x and D means /, then the value of 18C14A6B16D4
13. The famous folk dance Padayani is originated at:
14. The first Malayalee who got Padmavibhushan:
(A) Vallathole Narayana Menon
(B) V.K. Krishna Menon
(C) V.R.Krishna Iyer
15. The Lion Safari Park in Kerala is situated at:
(A) Silent Valley National Park
(D) Marakkunnam Island
16. The Kerala Kalamandalam was established in the year:
17. National University of Advanced Legal Studies is at:
18. The Kerala villages selected by UNDP for local self tourism development:
(A) Aranmula and Kumbalangy
(B) Peerumedu and Munnar
(C) Mannarkkad and Malampuzha
(D) Kovalam and Vely
19. Galasa programme is associated with:
20. In which year Kudumbasree programme was started:
21. Which is the latest Wild life Sanctuary in Kerala?
(B) Silent Valley
22. The instrument used for measuring the density or relative density of liquids:
23. Nuclides with the same atomic number, but different mass number are called:
24. The techniques of estimating the age of the remains of a once-living organization:
(A) Uranium dating
(B) Nuclear fusion
(D) Carbon dating
25. Solid carbon dioxide is known as:
(A) Dry ice
(B) Carbon monoxide
(C) Soda water
(D) Solid carbon
26. The disorder characterized by the absence of melanin
(B) Fabry's disease
27. Thomas cup is associated with:
28. Who designed the new symbol for Indian Rupees?
(A) Ramesh Varma
(B) G.U. Sreekumar
29. Right to Education Act (RTA) has become a legally enforceable law from
(A) Since independence
(B) 1st April 2010
(C) 1st January 2010
(D) 26 th January 1950
30. Pankaj Advani is associated with:
31. Who won 2010 ICC World Twenty/20 Cricket championship?
(C) Sri Lanka
32. Who won 2010 ICC World Twenty/20 Cricket championship?
(C) Sri Lanka
33. Kirit Parikh Committee was set up to review
(A) Petroleum pricing
(B) Parliamentary affairs
(D) Centre - State relation s
34. M.F. Hussain the famous Indian painter accepted the citizenship of
35. Oscar Award 2010 for the best actor was awarded to:
(A) Christopher Walts
(B) James Cameron
(C) Jeff Bridges
(D) Nicolas Cage
36. The place known as Ground Zero is in:
37. Which gas was leaked during the Bhopal gas tragedy?
(B) Methyl isocyanate
(C) Carbon monoxide
38. India's first female shooting champion to clinch gold at world shooting championship:
(A) Tejaswini Sawant
(B) Mallam Karneswary
(C) Sinah Agarwal
(D) Arjun Atwal
39. Who won Australian Open Women's singles 2010?
(A) Venus Williams
(B) Justin Henin
(C) Cara Black
(D) Serena Williams
40. The capital city of Chera Kings?
41. Temple entry Proclamation Act of Travancore was in:
42. Name the President of India who addressed the Kerala Assembly firstly
(A) Neelam Sanjeeva Reddy
(B) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(C) Pratibha Patil
(D) Dr. K.R. Narayanan
43. The length of the sea shore of Kerala is
(A) 680 km
(B) 580 km
(C) 700 km
(D) 750 km
44. Which Amendment brought the fundamental duties as part of the Constitution?
45. The 73rd and 74th Amendment of the Constitution was about:
(A) Fundamental Rights
(B) Right for personal property
(C) Panchayathi Raj
(D) Rajya Sabha Members
46. Which Article exempts Jammu and Kashmir from the category of ordinary states?
47. Which organization was led by the Ten Principles?
(D) Arya Samaj
48. Drain of wealth theory was propounded by:
(A) Alfred Marshal
(B) Sarojini Naidu
(C) Dadabhai Naoroji
(D) Amartya Sen
49. Who was the real force behind Prarthana Samaj?
(A) Raja Ram Mohan Roy
(B) M.G. Ranade
(C) Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
(D) Sridharalu Naidu
50. Central Tuber Crops Research Institute is located at:
(B) New Delhi
Subscribe to KPSC Previous Questions by Email